Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think custom meal kits for lawns - minus all the tedious chopping and with an actually viable business model!)
We are backed by a group of experienced investors and advisors, and following out Series A raise, we are now looking for the right people to join our core team. Together, we will disrupt an industry by building cutting-edge greenfield products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
We offer competitive pay, equity compensation, and a fantastic company culture.
Sunday is looking for talented and motivated engineers to work building a direct to consumer platform that aims to help people grow. With an ever expanding customer base we have a long roadmap of amazing products to build. Key to this role will be the ability to balance both short-term deliverables and long-term goals as Sunday continues to thrive and scale for the future. We look forward to hiring someone who will work tirelessly to understand our customers and deliver the best possible experience to them through collaboration with internal teams beyond engineering.
- Design, build, and deploy production software to meet immediate and future business needs.
- Contribute to development of stable and scalable backend for a data heavy D2C business.
- Collaborate with Product and Operations teams to design and implement both internal and customer facing features and tools.
- Lend support to maintain and improve the software platform in its entirety.
- 3+ years experience working with Python building large scale web applications/APIs (Django is a plus)
- Product minded backend engineer that has experience building web apps.
- Someone with Direct to Consumer experience would be a plus.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively towards individual goals
- Positive attitude with curiosity discover and solve new problems
- Passionate about understanding customer experience and working to improve it
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing and evolving environment
- Desire to work alongside product and operations teams to create new features and processes
- Knowledge of Python (backend development) is required.
- Django, and Django Rest Framework is a plus.
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD processes.
- Comfortable working on the command line.
- Experience with data engineering, analysis, and visualization.
- Be a core member of small, focused engineering team building new technologies
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado