Protein Biochemist (ADX-18-20)
The candidate will be responsible for executing recombinant protein production and analysis activities within the Protein Manufacturing group at ArcherDX.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Implementation of protein purification process development screening and optimization experiments, manufacturing operations, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Implement upstream and downstream manufacturing processes to meet user and Quality requirements, including the execution of batch records using Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Some biochemical/analytical characterization will be required, with guidance from the Protein Production Manager.
- Compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented. This may involve presenting the information to internal clients.
- Maintain facilities, protein process equipment, and supplies.
- Prepares stock chemical solutions.
- Provide exceptional customer service to users of the facility.
- Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and prospective users.
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Experience operating protein manufacturing, development, and analytical equipment. Specific skills include the ability to operate FPLC purification systems in the context of an SOP, TFF systems in the context of an SOP, and the preparation of protein samples for activity-based biochemical assays, SDS-PAGE, UV-spectroscopy, and other laboratory procedures.
- Experience with microbiology and bacterial fermentation would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a cGMP/GLP manufacturing setting related to recombinant proteins.
- Solid understanding of protein purification, biochemistry and protein chemistry.
- General understanding of microbiology.
- Drive and determination
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry , or Chemical Engineering, or related field.
Read Full Job Description