Project Engineer II - RF at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Project Engineer II – RF
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and oversee antenna, phased array, and RF electronics product development projects including RF/antennas and RF/antenna-related components.
- Inform appropriate leadership of project status and milestones.
- Coordinate and assist in the delivery of in-house and customer presentations, including travel as appropriate.
- Use company tools and processes to facilitate the execution of projects.
- Incorporate knowledge from subject matter experts to make decisions that keep projects on schedule on budget and meeting technical requirements.
- Understand and communicate both technical and programmatic aspects of RF projects to internal teams and management as well as external customers.
- Develop specifications, design and analysis documentation and presentation, cost, schedule and resource planning.
- Monitor and advise management of status on and guide progress of cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Manage and build teams focused on project execution.
- Manage the identification and execution of risk mitigation and opportunity capture on multiple projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, and provide leadership to internal groups and teams.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills.
- Experience in cost estimating and risk/opportunity tracking.
- Experience monitoring supplier activity and identifying and executing critical tasks.
- Familiarity with the life cycle of antenna and antenna system development from technical readiness level (TRL) 1 to TRL 8 including initial design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in different technology areas.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage and build teams effectively.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office (including MS Project) to manage and communicate on project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a schedule and manage/drive a team's execution to meet that schedule.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.