Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Project Engineer II – Mission & Space Vehicle Market Research
Join the Missions and Space Vehicle Strategic Engineering Team at Ball Aerospace - a diverse group of motivated problem solvers who are providing the direction for our engineering future. We're excited about the projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
We're seeking an independent, action-oriented project engineer to perform market research expected to enhance and align our technology investments and new business pursuits with future needs. In almost no time, you will be a key contributor to our missions!
Make a difference. Love what you do. Realize your full potential.
What You'll Do:
- Perform and integrate market research to provide a single sight picture of futures in Missions and Space Vehicle Engineering.
- Communicate and collaborate with Ball’s strategic operations arm to align and identify opportunities in the future market space.
- With supply chain support, interface directly with strategic vendors regarding needed future capabilities, building long-term relationships.
- Support the development of strategic plans that will inform and influence how we hire and develop talent, what we invest in, how we bid, and how we execute.
- Lead small tiger teams to develop strategic planning products.
- Support new business development/proposals by leveraging heritage cost and schedule information for similar applications, and leading trade efforts to consider new applications.
- Technical and programmatic writing (contractual elements, procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, status reports, analysis support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers regarding plans, risks, opportunities, and status against established performance metrics.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information if required to be subjected to a government security investigation.
- Space hardware systems engineering, integration, and/or test experience.
- High level of leadership and management skills to set direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and timelines, prioritize operational and project tasks, and enforce accountability.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skill.
- Strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Drive for results and executional excellence.
- Team building skills with a player/coach mindset.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.