Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Engineer II - Manufacturing New Business/Proposal
What You’ll Do:
- Support new business and proposals with respect to manufacturing & test including;
- Develop program overall manufacturing approach
- Perform manufacturing risk assessments. Initiate risk mitigation plans
- Develop and document labor Basis of Estimates (BOE)
- Develop program manufacturing and test schedules
- Assist in development and refinement of the manufacturing capacity analysis and factory modeling
- Assist with the manufacturing facilities and infrastructure planning including manufacturing and cleanroom spaces, test facilities/equipment, WIP and material storage, and the identification of capital needs
- Align manufacturing program planning with Supply Chain material plans
- Develop internal and external program transportation planning
- Seek new business input from and alignment with Manufacturing Engineering leaders to ensure smooth transition between proposal and contract award.
- Develop/Maintain standard manufacturing labor and schedule metrics.
- Develop information that extends knowledge in a board overview of multiple manufacturing processes/flows including; mechanical piece part fabrication and secondary processing (metal finish, clean, lube, paint, …), mechanism component assembly (example – gimbals, solar arrays, propulsion systems, …), PWA and harness fabrication, focal plan assembly, multi-layer insulation fabrication, star tracker assembly, electrical and mechanical ground support equipment fabrication, and final assembly integration and test sequences.
- Lead multi-discipline teams in support of proposal planning efforts.
- Align manufacturing proposal activities with R&D programs to accomplish long-range new business objectives.
- Lead and/or direct group discussions. Organize and direct effective meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Project Management, Program Management or Operations management background with a strong technical background in Systems, Manufacturing, Process Control, Test or Design Engineering is desired.
- Competence at the highest levels in one or more technical fields, has intuitive feel in technical areas, establish requirements for the producibility of designs, and for cost, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work multiple activities and programs, and work all aspects of a new business effort across all engineering disciplines.
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Effectiveness in providing leadership at all levels and with outside customers, see the big picture and initiate action wherever needed that are not clearly defined, able to influence program outcomes and customer requirements, and negotiate new business opportunities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Willingness to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $128,500 - $162,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.