Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Project Engineer I – Mission Assurance Operations Architect
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit (SSU) is seeking a Mission Assurance Operations Architect for the Operations Assurance group. This position is responsible for assessing, defining, modeling, and analyzing mission operations and systems-level architecture trades against launch, initialization, commissioning, operations, and maintenance (O&M) and decommissioning assurance requirements as they relate to mission success. This position will provide mission partner capabilities to all aspects of the Mission Operations Engineering groups, providing mission assurance and risk management support to the organization. This role will help architect the next generation of how mission operations is executed here at Ball Aerospace. The position will interface with multiple business units at Ball Aerospace and allow for ownership in how we execute assurance activities for Operations at Ball.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with program and mission-system personnel to define, assess, and analyze mission level operations requirements and identify impacts to mission operations centers.
- Write and develop identified policies and procedures that support mission operations assurance process for Ball.
- Quantify mission-level risk in trading mission operations assurance requirements with enterprise resiliency objectives and infrastructure.
- Support proposal activity by providing cost and schedule estimates related to design influences on mission operations requirements and mission success and resiliency posture.
- Provide key mission operations products, analysis, guidance, and risk assessment through proposal and program life cycles as needed.
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide best-value mission/system/program solutions.
- Interface with program personnel and customers to provide best-value mission operations solutions and services.
- Leverage existing mission operations workforce/knowledge and engage with proposals/programs to address resilient mission operations for programs and customers and develop standard practices and process around it.
- Translate customer objectives into internal requirements, procedures, and products based on BPL (Ball Process Libraries) and ISO standards.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of mission operations facilities and personnel resources to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school that is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of continuous, related, progressive experience in mission operations, system architectural development, modeling, and/or risk assessment is desired.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with management.
- Technical writing skills a plus
- Expertise/experience with Atlassian Jira tool desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $126,500 - $159,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.