Program Systems Engineer
Please review the job details below.
The Program Systems Engineer reports into Portfolio and Program Management team and provides technical leadership and execution ownership throughout a large program and/or initiative life-cycle. This role is responsible for deriving, designing and engineering solutions and customer-facing interfaces that have a direct impact on efficiency, cost, revenue and innovation for the company and DigitalGlobe’s largest customer. A successful candidate in this role is a systematic and solutions-focused leader who is able to ensure a scoped product or capability is enabled on schedule and within budget in a way that is compatible with or complimentary to the existing DigitalGlobe ground system. As our systems span multiple areas of expertise, this is role requires extensive technical leadership, collaboration, and clear communication, both written and verbal. The scope of deliverables includes: requirements derivation, engineering and solution design, initiative planning/readiness, and technical oversight of the successful implementation or product roll out.
The Program Systems Engineer gathers and manages customer requirements as part of working with market facing team members; leads and collaborates closely with Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects and other Systems Engineers to ensure alignment of customer requirements with development and implementation plans; collaborates closely with release train functional leads (Domain architects, product owners, subject matter experts) to define technical work plans and dependencies, is responsible for technical outcome verification, and facilitating an optimized transition into Operations; and keeps end-users/operators apprised of the solution and progress. This role is heavily software based - and business-value focused.
- Gather and decompose business requirements into program technical requirements and tie them to milestones in concert with business stakeholders
- Bundle proposed technical solutions into coarse-sized work packages and coordinate with agile software development teams on a draft implementation schedules
- Participate in technical solution, architecture design, and integration working sessions to understand system design goals and constraints
- Meet with operators and customer representatives to refine concept of operations and derive new requirements for user touch points
- Identify and propose changes with scaled agile development teams to develop the requested changes
- Lead and collaborate with Enterprise and Domain Architects to refine the high-level design into a detailed design
- Coordinate with test and evaluation teams to align on appropriate level of end-to-end testing and customer-facing testing
- Collaborate with Development teams to write and groom features
- Identify dependencies on/with other Initiatives/Programs
- Lead validation of end to end solution and operations transition
- Collaborate with Domain Architects to identify ICDs/APIs which require updating and what the impacts of those updates would be outside of the program at hand
- Ensure that internal and customer-facing areas of the business are aware of system potential and realities
- 7+ years’ working experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant industry
- Technical or Engineering Degree required
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance required
- Experience in classified environments required
- Familiarity with systems engineering and design processes
- Familiarity with scaled agile principles and design processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in cloud-based, service-oriented architectures and distributed systems
- Experience managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders preferred
- Background in GIS, manufacturing, spacecraft command and control, ground systems infrastructure, or analytics preferred
- Familiarity with software development practices and various methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework preferred: SAFe, and Waterfall experience is beneficial as well)
- A passion for building highly automated systems
- A good understanding of security best practices
- Containerization technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Docker, or Kubernetes
- AWS knowledge & experience preferred
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.