What if you could support solutions that are changing the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together.
RingCentral Global Service and Support is all about the customer—devoted to making sure every customer’s need is met, and that they’re able to use our products effectively and easily.
As a member of the Global Service and Support team you’ll lead the post-sale experience for our customers. As our customers’ central point of contact, you’ll champion their needs, share deep product knowledge, provide innovative solutions, and build relationships that show our customers what “winning together” truly means.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Professional Services Engineer is a role in the Professional Services Department. As a Professional Services Engineer, you will work in a collaborative team environment to ensure the implementation of projects is successful. You will wear a variety of hats to ensure the life cycle of project plans are completed in successful timelines. This may include working directly with our customers to ensure adoption of the RingCentral system, or working internally to complete the implementation of a project plan. Since our system is Cloud-based you must be quick to learn and tech-savvy.
The PSE may be working as several different resources assisting our Project Management team. This could be directly planning and designing a setup of an account with the customer, building out those design plans, or traveling to an onsite location to train and deploy our phone systems. There is a lot of detailed functionality that will be required to learn in order to accomplish these tasks. The culture of the Professional Services Department is highly motivated and hard working.
- Perform Build work for ProServ contracts partnering with Unified Client and Contact Center Project Managers.
- Teach customers how to initially setup their RingCentral account and all the items included within.
- Determine the causes of client pain-points and eliminate them where they hide.
- Review, teach and explain complicated call routing and how to set it up in an environment where there are five possible ways to achieve the same goal.
- Guide clients through a new world of web-based user interfaces, mobile apps, and computer-based software configurations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills internally and client facing.
- Time Management: ensuring your calendar’s appointments are scheduled, able to track issues and questions that come up, and keeping detailed notes of what has happened throughout the entire process.
- Scheduling skills are required as a typical day could include 5 to 6 meetings, while juggling phone calls, answering emails and updating notes in between each meeting can occur.
- Ability to handle escalated issues and know when to escalate issues that require immediate attention.
- Review, teach and explain what data we need collected and how it needs to be received.
- Strong technical understanding of the RingCentral solution portfolio
- Experience in handling Unified Communications platform
- Experience with porting telephone numbers (preferred)
- Strong and effective customer communication skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, analyze, interpret and solve both practical as well as highly complex problems.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including extensive spreadsheet knowledge, and word processing. Windows based software and Excel required. Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project preferred.
- 5+ years in customer focused role – post sales technical support
- Desired background of the contact center platform and tools (e.g InContact, Five9)
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference.
- Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.