AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Production Test Technician who will conduct electro-mechanical assembly, test, commissioning and troubleshooting of AMP’s robotic, controls, pneumatic and vision systems. The role is a dynamic and flexible role that will require the Technician to work with teammates throughout the company including manufacturing operations, engineering, service, software, operations engineering, shipping and receiving to ensure customer’s expectations are met utilizing standard and custom configuration and calibrations. The candidate’s ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively and efficiently will be essential to be successful in this role.
As our Production Test Technician, you will work to:
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly drawings, operational method sheets, schematics, specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials as required.
- Assembles components and complex subassemblies by examining connections for correct fit; appropriately fastened parts and proper functionality.
- Participate in or lead development, design and build of simple testing processes (and rigs) to ensure sub-assembly quality standards.
- Reviews and inspects components against specifications noting all non-conformances and working with appropriate group for resolution.
- Will load software, test vision components, calibrate robotic systems and perform full functional tests to products documenting final results.
- Will be expected to troubleshoot down to the system and component level of complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components and the software/hardware that controls them.
- Commissions, calibrates and customizes system for final customer site and application.
- Works with and supports Engineering in New Product Introduction (NPI) testing prototypes and new components, software, hardware and configurations providing critical technical feedback. Aids in productization of new designs as they transition from NPI to volume product.
- Collaborates with team members throughout the company to improve processes and procedures to drive higher performance in safety, quality, delivery and system performance.
- Provide training to other team members and test technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed and assisting others to accomplish overall goals.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
Production Test Technicians must demonstrate the following strengths and competencies:
- Advanced understanding and experience with various hand and power tools including wrenches, torque drivers, drills, saws, screwdrivers and sockets, tape measures, wire cutters and crimpers.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, sheetmetal, welded structure, machined components, fasteners, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux software, Linux hardware, and Linux networking.
- Self-starter, high degree of initiative
- Flexible and able to promote and facilitate change
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn and transfer skills or knowledge to new team members
- Excellent work ethic, dependable and dedicated to AMP Robotics
- Personal desire to produce quality systems, very detailed oriented
- Accustomed to flexible systems and processes while understanding the importance of moving towards standardized approaches. Qualifications:
- Read and understand electronic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with little to no direction. Must be a self-starter and show great ownership in the role.
- Previous experience with industrial controls and/or Distributed Control Systems (analog/digital sensors implementation and troubleshooting).
- Experience with process controls in a continuous or batch processing facility.
- Must be able to thrive in a diverse, team environment.
- Must have experience with Linux and other software platforms, SQL databases,hardware and PLCs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology, Robotics Engineering, Mechatronics Technology, Automation Controls, Control Systems or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience as a test technician building, testing, troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems preferably utilizing robotics and AI.
- Language Ability:
- The ability to read and interpret documents (operating / maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, engineering drawings), generate routine reports / correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees is required.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required.
- The ability to apply logic necessary to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions and to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations is required.
- The ability to use the basic functionality included in the Microsoft Office Application Suite and AMPs proprietary or subscribed-to computer applications used for managing or tracking production-related activities (ex. time tracking, material transactions) is required. Experience in Linux and SQL style databases required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear up to 12 hours per day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.