Production QA Software Engineer / Service Engineer at RingCentral
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Boulder, CO
Department: Engineering - Contact Center
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world, and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communication products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging and contact center software. Our contact-center products power mission-critical systems for businesses large and small, require unrivaled uptime, seamless scalability, significant flexibility to support many business needs and workflow, and an exemplary user experience. To meet these needs, we are searching for the best engineers around who can help us build and support these systems
We are looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. In this position, you will work with SRE, Operations, Software engineering and Tech Support to provide support for the production software and infrastructure systems. Specifically, you will be an escalation point for Tier 3 support and operations engineers to identify, reproduce, and track down root-cause of issues reported in the production environments. You will also be responsible for investigating source code and identifying specific areas for improvement, and offering software patches to engineering teams to implement and release.
To succeed in this role, you must have the tenacity to work through the most complex problems, the drive to identify and seek out support from the most appropriate people across the company, excellent communication skills to adequately relate your findings across internal and external groups, and exhibit good organization and documentation skills. Previous software engineering experience is critical, especially in legacy code management and maintenance, quality assurance engineering, or as a production service engineer. Previous work in distributed, cloud-based environments is preferred (AWS, Azure, etc).
This position will provide the right candidate a great sense of satisfaction in solving difficult problems for customers, enabling development engineering teams to quickly fix critical issues, and will provide ample opportunity for growth within the role and broader department and company.
- Act as an escalation point for tech support and technical operations to solve complex problems in software and infrastructure stacks.
- Learn and understand the entire software application stack, across front-end and backend services, systems, and codebases.
- Help assess customer impact, issue severity, and urgency to resolve issues.
- Communicate resolutions across multiple teams, including engineering, support, product, customer success, and operations.
- Develop patch fixes for delivery to development engineering teams.
- Work with operations and network teams to help identify root cause of issues.
- Perform database analysis to help determine the cause of database issues, including locks, deadlocks, slow query, etc.
- Read and search raw and aggregated production logs to help identify patterns and root cause of issues.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in quality assurance engineering or production service support engineering
- Strong Java experience
- Strong MySQL experience
- Experience with linux systems and processes
- Investigating / searching logs in production server environments
- Self-drive to solve difficult problems
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, for communicating concerns and resolutions, as well as documenting findings.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.