Prod Dev Eng III - Full Stack Developer at DAT Solutions
Full Stack Developer
As Senior Full Stack Engineer at DAT you will be responsible for designing and building compelling, web-scale, consumer-facing data visualization products that drive the freight matching business. In this role, you will work with our team of product managers, user experience designers, data scientists, and data engineering experts using cutting edge tools to develop products that are reliable, scalable, and sustainable. You’ll be working with the data from our industry dominant network of brokers and carriers to bring actionable insights to our customers.
- Build analytics tools that utilize our data pipelines to provide actionable insights for our customers in the freight industry.
- Work across the stack from raw data to customer-facing APIs and UIs
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into innovative industry leaders.
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a full stack development role, preferably in a web-scale, consumer-facing product role (as opposed to internal users) who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems or another quantitative field. You should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience working with Angular or other modern JS frameworks utilizing a Node backend.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of creating rich data visualizations that drive insights for customers.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with and supporting high availability SaaS implementations
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.