Principle Network Engineer - CISCO & F5 at FIS
We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviors that we value in everything we do.
Join us now to realize your own future growth and success.
As Worldpay grows, we must be proactive in assuring we stay ahead of the curve with truly cutting-edge products and services. The payments industry is in rapid evolution with the implementation of new technologies. By hiring the best minds that understand that new features and capabilities are just as important as security, Worldpay will continue to beat the competition with our offerings. Whether it's dedicated to new products and services, or ensuring we have the best infrastructure out there, Worldpay is dedicated to tech.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Performs activities required to design, deploy, manage, and support a mission critical network.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to distill business requirements into technical solutions.
- Provide mentorship to other team members.
- Produce and maintain procedural, training, and network documentation.
- Develop and implement automation solutions for network deployments..
- Perform regular network capacity planning.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Participate in team's 24×7 network on-call rotation schedule
- Other relevant duties as required and/or assigned.
- 8+ years of experience supporting a large multi-vendor network.
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols: TCP, UDP, OSPF, BGP, FTP, IPSEC, DHCP, ARP, DNS, SNMP
- Strong troubleshooting methodology
- Experience with equipment from major networking vendors in the area of route/switch, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Ability to perform and decipher network traces
- Experience with a scripting language, such as Perl or Python, as well as an automation environment, such as Ansible, is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate work experience.
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or Juniper Networks Certified Professional (JNCIP) is preferred.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.