Principal/Senior Software Engineer
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
Recognized as an expert in the field, and being knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices, you will conduct the most complex and vital work critical to the engineering department. You will help GutCheck differentiate based on our technology ensuring our competitive advantage in the marketplace thereby creating value for the company, including high impact projects such as automation, platform development, and big data integration.
What You Will Do:
- Tee It Up! Live by and lead through our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Serve as a technical expert, leader, and mentor by providing leadership and guidance to our development pods.
- You will participate in design reviews, architectural discussions, requirements definitions and participate in our most demanding technical activities.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well-informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Operate both independently and collaboratively as needed to ensure on-time delivery of quality features
- Dedicatedly identify common problem spaces across teams and ensure we build best-in-class solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Support our QA team by developing test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics
- Support, maintain, and document existing software functionality as well as identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Ensure the quality of component architecture and system designs.
- Effectively research and benchmark GutCheck’s technology against other best-in-class technologies and participate in technology adoption decisions.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, growing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- You are a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions
- Your expertise is deep and broad; you’re hands-on, capable of producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs
- Have a passion for learning, contributing to keeping our architecture up-to-speed with the latest proven technologies and design approaches
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and/or
10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Consistent track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality SaaS systems
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), Data Modeling, API design, Containerization, Networking, UNIX, and database or other storage and computer-related projects
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience working in a complex, service-oriented software development
- Ability to functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.