SonderMind is looking to hire a Principal Engineer to support the growth of our company. As a Principal Engineer you will be a senior engineering staff member responsible for architecture and design of our platform. You will collaborate with other Principal Engineers in an insightful manner, enabling our feature teams to deliver on SonderMind’s mission. At times, you will be heads down writing software, and at other times architecting the future of the platform. You will join a fast-paced team of Software Engineers who are eager to continue to learn and develop while providing high-quality software solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you are a go-getter, analytical thinker, and problem solver. You have experience developing large systems and a strong knowledge of software design. You enjoy coaching and motivating fellow software engineers to reach their fullest potential.
- By week one, become familiar with our basic architecture and gain an understanding of team structure
- By week two, begin working through user stories to gain an understanding of the SonderMind platform
- By the end of the first month, be actively contributing and involved in architecture and design of new and replacement services
- By end of month three, be responsible for architecting elements of the system
- Ten years of software engineering experience
- Expertise in one of the following:
- Angular 7+
- Ruby on Rails
- Full-stack development background
- Proven experience software system designs.
- Ability to manage feature priority with architectural refactors.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience in software performance tuning.
- Ability to clearly articulate software concepts, designs, and patterns to other team members.
- Ability to provide mentorship to junior developers.
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS provided services
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Background using Jira
- Previous experience with HIPAA compliant software
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range for this role is $125,000. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share how this aligns with your previous experience and career goals.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.