Principal Software Engineer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:19 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, February 18, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is seeking someone to join our small team of expert software engineers building the tools to support Boom's aerospace engineering teams. You must deeply enjoy working side-by-side with your users (many engineering disciplines tied to aerospace) and picking up whatever tools & technologies will best suit the team's current needs.
A Principal Software Engineer at Boom means being a technical leader, expert technical individual contributor, enjoying multiple projects with differing tech stacks, and optimistically approaching new aviation and business problems to explore how software can help. A typical day will include hands-on coding, working with in-house users, overseeing project architecture, leading development sprints, frequently jumping between technical discussions across different projects using different tech stacks, and mentoring other developers. Specifically, this role will initially focus on rearchitecting how Boom deploys remote workloads, monitors their progress and harvests results. Remote execution can handle anything from HPC clusters of thousands of CPUs to launching hundreds of independent test cases simultaneously.
- 14+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of Technical Leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Python development of highly maintainable systems
- Go development in performance critical environments
- Database experience (SQL or noSQL) in performance critical environments
- Experience with multiple programming languages / environments
- Distributed or multi-threaded development (web architectures, microservices, client/server) experience
- Experience handling DevOps (Linux, public cloud, Docker)
- Experience collaborating with others (e.g. customers, product owners, testing team) on commercial software projects
- History of structured, collaborative software development environments (source code control, peer reviews, team oriented software development process)
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your previous experience
- Eagerness to dive deep into the aerospace industry and understand its terminology, nuances, and methods
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with Time Series data or multi-terabyte scale datasets
- Experience with auto-scaling deployments
- Exposure to cryptographic concepts, authentication/authorization, and writing secure systems
- A GitHub account with examples of your work
Salary Range for this position is $125,000-$155,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description