Principal Software Engineer in Test at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is searching for a Principal Software Engineer in Test in our Broomfield, CO office.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
What You Do:
· Drive performance testing framework and tooling strategy to support Alteryx products
· Participate in architectural design forums to ensure non-functional system considerations are incorporated and fully testable
· Consult with technical leads across engineering to review software component interfaces and capture performance framework capability requirements
· Present test results to Product Engineering team including software improvement recommendations and highlighting risk areas
· Analyze performance field quality issues in partnership with accountable team to derive RCA and identify Corrective Actions outcomes
· Foster a culture of engineering enablement, providing domain specific knowledge and best practices across Engineering (katas, training, demos)
· Document, track and escalate issues discovered throughout the testing lifecycle
· Act as a customer advocate, committed to delivering quality throughout the company
· 5+ years as a Software Engineer with emphasis on system performance for native and web-based product architectures
· Designed and developed reliable testing frameworks that enable full coverage and execute within a CI/CD pipeline
· Experience with scalable performance testing technologies, including JMeter, K6 or similar
· Outstanding written and verbal communication across globally distributed teams
· Proven innovator with a track record of implementing quality improvement plans
· Data analytics experience: Python, R, Alteryx
· Data Science: ML and/or AI modeling
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $153,100 - $275,600. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation/adjustment to review our website or to apply online.