Principal Software Engineer II at VIZIO
About the Team:
VIZIO is seeking a Software Engineer Manager to deliver the latest SmartCast TV Technology. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture. At VIZIO we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about). Now we need a brilliant Software Engineer Manager to join us and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
What You Will Do:
Takie ownership of releasing new features
Manage a team of skilled software engineers.
Deliver features that are flexible, cost-effective, maintainable and long-lasting, at-scale.
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Design and implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with the company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keep track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Put comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommend changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
- Experience leading a team of skilled software developers.
- Experience mentoring developers to increase quality and effectiveness.
- Expert Knowledge of with .NET and C#.
- Proficient building solutions using AWS or equivalent technologies.
- Proficient with containers and orchestration.
- Expert knowledge of scalable distributed systems.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Understanding of software algorithms and ability to determine runtime complexity of algorithms.
- Expert Knowledge of RDBMS.
- Expert Knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $155,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.