Principal Software Engineer I at VIZIO
About the Team:
VIZIO is looking for a Principal Software Engineer play an important role in leading other software engineers in implementing projects. You will: Design, Implement, and Test software related to our software/services. The Principal Engineer will manage a team and communicate designs and decisions within the team and will encourage new ideas and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
- Experience leading a team of skilled software developers.
- Experience mentoring developers to increase quality and effectiveness.
- Expert Knowledge of with .NET and C#.
- Proficient building solutions using AWS or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with scalable distributed systems.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with RDBMS.
- Experience working with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Understanding of software algorithms and ability to determine runtime complexity of algorithms.
- Proficient with containers and orchestration.
What You Will Do:
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Design and implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with the company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keep track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Put comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommend changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.