Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Directory at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 15, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to provide technical leadership for our cloud-based Identity Management services engaging with several engineering teams. Identity Management services are a key part of the entire JumpCloud product portfolio, implement our core graph, and ensure needed external services are synchronized seamlessly. This, along with our Auth services, provides the foundation for our identity and security solutions, both cloud and device based.
With JumpCloud’s Cloud Identity Management Platform, we’ve taken User Identity and made it ubiquitous - from integrating with external directories, allowing full management of User Identity within JumpCloud, and dispatching that User Identity to all the networks, resources and devices they use.
The Problems You’ll be Solving:
Our Principals are hands-on, active in the code and think big about Architecture, Design and Distributed Systems Practices. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
Own the architecture and design of the Identity Management area, including:
- Distributed microservices for rapid development.
- Multi-master data replication, including to internal and external systems, with a particular emphasis on scalability and reliability.
- API design, both internal and external, to robustly, safely and securely segment data ownership.
- Leading prototyping and early coding efforts around new technology on the cutting edge of the Directory space
- Working with product managers to evaluate up and coming tech and vet product ideas for viability
- Working with and mentor tech leads and other engineers on three teams, helping them review designs, provide architectural guidance, help with key parts of implementation
- Working across the entire organization, in partnership with the Architects and other Principal Engineers to make key technology decisions, address technical debt and ensure engineering consistency in both technology and processes
We’re looking for…
- 10+ years of commercial software development experience in a variety of languages. JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python and Vue.js.
- 8+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience dealing with distributed systems, specifically data replication and consistency.
- Experience with other Directory services, such as LDAP, Active Directory, G Suite, etc.
- Nice to have - Experience with infrastructure/deployment management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack.
- Nice to have - Experience with container fabrics such as HashiCorp’s Nomad/Consul/Vault or Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design; emphasis on industry standards such as SCIM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $185,000-$230,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k benefits. We have an unlimited vacation policy and also provide commuter benefits for employees in the Denver/Boulder, CO area.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description