Principal Software Engineer, Authentication
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to provide technical leadership for our cloud-based authentication services engaging with several engineering teams. Authentication services are a key part of the entire JumpCloud product portfolio and provide the foundation for our identity and security solutions.
With JumpCloud’s Cloud Directory Platform, we've taken Zero Trust and made it actionable - from securing the devices our employees are working from, the networks they are communicating through to ensuring the resources they are authenticating against are being accessed by the right person with the right permissions from the right location, on the right device.
The Problems You’ll be Solving:
Our Principals are hands-on, active in the code and think big about Architecture, Design and Distributed Systems Practices. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
- Own the architecture and design of the authorization area, for example, MFA and conditional auth.
- Lead prototyping and early coding efforts around new technology on the cutting edge of the auth space
- Work with product managers to eval up and coming tech and vet product ideas for viability
- Work with and mentor tech leads and other engineers on three teams, helping them review designs, provide architectural guidance, help with key parts of implementation
- Work across the entire organization, in partnership with the Architects and other Principal Engineers to make key technology decisions, address technical debt and ensure engineering consistency in both technology and processes
We’re looking for…
- 8+ years of experience developing SaaS applications in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with authentication and authorization protocols such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, LDAP, SAML, SCIM, WebAuthN
- Experience with infrastructure/deployment management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack.
- Experience with container fabrics such as HashiCorp’s Nomad/Consul/Vault or Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving thousands of organizations across the globe freedom of choice with their IT solutions. We give companies the ability to remotely manage and control all of their organization’s identities, devices, & resources on a single, comprehensive, cloud-based platform. That means doing it better, faster, easier and more securely by staying on the bleeding edge of technology.
Where you’ll be working
We have two offices in Colorado, one in Louisville and one in downtown Denver. Once we reopen office options you will have the opportunity to work from one of our office locations, flex your time or remain fully remote (in the U.S.).
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you!
JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role is $185,000 to $230,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k benefits. We have an unlimited vacation policy and also provide commuter benefits for employees in the Denver/Boulder, CO area.