Principal Security Engineer II - Cloud Security at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Responsible for cloud security architecture and engineering activities that protect, monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats to the company's private and public cloud infrastructures. This position will work closely with software engineering and technical operations staff on the operation and implementation of existing and new security technologies and tools to improve security operations and service delivery. They will continue to evaluate cloud security operational strategies and develop requirements for new operational counter-measures and their deployment. Serve as the cloud security expert for Charter and represent Charter on industry and governmental committees, standards bodies, and conferences.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and implement a cloud security architecture for Charter's private and public cloud infrastructures.
- Perform ongoing risk assessments and develop recommendations for tools, technologies and processes Charter's cloud infrastructure.
- Perform technology evaluations and develop recommendations on cloud security technologies
- Develop cloud security standards for Charter and industry related standards bodies and organizations.
- Provide security consultation on critical business projects that may interact or is hosted in Charter's private and public cloud infrastructures
- Develop system logic for Charter's Security Operations Center to detect security threats in Charter's cloud operations.
- Technical lead and consultant to Charter's Security Operations Center on any cloud related security event and incident response.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements based on security requirements.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical security staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or related work experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in IT/cloud/network experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years engineering work experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience cyber security experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in cloud security.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of network and system security vulnerabilities and exploits. Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies, reverse engineering and how to respond to security incidents and intrusions.
- Understanding of related industry specifications and standards NIST, OWASP, CSRIC, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DNS, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Expert in cloud security design, cloud security architecture, and networking protocols.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing information security events and incidents for large cloud infrastructures.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as, good presentation skills.
- Must be able to problem solve, balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change.
- Must have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or similar cloud security certification, and/or SANS Global Information Assurance Certification, such as GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GCED.
- Must have industry and vendor specific certifications and training (AWS, Azure, UNIX, Cisco, Juniper).
- Knowledge of cloud security technologies, such as Identity and Access Management, Cloud Management platforms, Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Denial of Service protections and cloud networking.
#LI-AK ESE700-APO 312139 312139BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $120,700.00 to $213,900.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.