Principal QA Engineer at JumpCloud
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, September 25, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
JumpCloud is looking for a Principal Quality Assurance Engineer/Architect to join the SaaS organization reporting directly to the Director of Engineering. The SaaS organization builds JumpCloud’s cloud services that include our core directory, authZ/N services, and data insights and analytics for our entire product portfolio.
Our Principal engineers are hands-on, active in the code and think big about Architecture, Design and Distributed Systems Practices. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
The Problems You’ll be Solving:
- Lead QA strategy, automation and tooling decisions, and our automation approach while balancing risk in a high speed product delivery environment.
- Work with our automation infrastructure team to lead the architecture and design of test automation across all SaaS services, from Directory to Authentication to Mobile.
- Lead prototyping and early coding efforts around new technology on the cutting edge of QA automation.
- Work with, and mentor, other QA engineers on several teams, helping them review designs, test strategy, opportunities for automation, test cases, coverage and risk. Help individual engineering teams manually QA features and build test automation as needed.
- Work across the entire engineering organization, in partnership with Architects, other Principal Engineers, and engineering managers to make key technology decisions, address test debt, and ensure product quality and consistency.
We’re looking for:
- 12+ years of software quality industry experience
- Experience defining and implementing a QA strategy for a growing organization of 50+ engineers.
- Experience mentoring and coaching senior QA engineers across different products.
- Experience with CI/CD and feature flag systems; API testing and UI test automation, using tools like Cypress.io, Selenium, Swagger and PostMan.
- Familiarity with, or extreme interest in learning, Behavior Driven Development using Gherkin and pytest.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end working closely with software engineers and product managers.
- Experience testing large-scale web applications, SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS a plus!) or large, distributed systems.
- Experience with rapid product release cycles and a passion to understand and apply an agile approach to software testing.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely in a team oriented environment.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $130,000-$170,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description