Principal EPM Developer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position will report to one of our Senior ERP Managers.
What you will be doing
An EPBCS development lead role that will work with key stakeholders to define and analyze user requirements to determine EPM system design and configuration.
• Analyzes user requirements to determine EPM system configuration and/or customization, evaluates business need for system customizations, conducts appropriate cost/benefit analysis and produces technical designs for identified customizations.
• Coordinates with functional subject matter experts and/or other internal professionals to define detailed requirements, analyze business needs and validate solutions with clients and translate into configuration and/or customization technical design.
• Actively participates in the Agile Scrum ceremonies and assists the team with program increment (PI) planning preparation and user story creation.
• Analyzes systems specifications and uses the latest analysis tools to represent business/technical processes in a system solution.
• Mentors less experienced developers including peer review and knowledge transfer as needed
• Collaborates with technical support teams to plan and complete knowledge transfer sessions to enable a successful handoff.
• Develops individual modules and functions as identified through technical design, develops conversion and implementation plans and ensures successful implementation of EPM system changes, monitoring changes for increased efficiency.
• Takes proactive measures to ensure optimal application and system performance and works to address any performance issues.
• Writes and executes thorough technical and functional test plans to ensure EPM system changes are working properly including the use of batch scripts, online processes, databases or interface files.
• Assists leadership with EPM roadmap by keeping up to date on the latest EPM cloud solutions and how they may fit into overall architecture.
• Reviews and communicates monthly cloud patches to determine any regression testing required and highlight new functionality to be evaluated.
• Provides new and innovative solutions to EPM system and application challenges.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, accounting/finance, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Direct experience in full life cycle development of Oracle EPBCS solutions with an emphasis on incremental, iterative development and deployment
• Knowledge of other Oracle EPM Cloud Solutions (ARCS, FCCS, EDMCS, PCMCS, DM) a plus
• Good understanding of EPM system customization and use of recognized best practices
• Working knowledge of business process flows in an EPM system
• In-depth knowledge of EPM system development tools and languages is required, as well as an in-depth knowledge of EPM system configuration and security
• Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.