Principal Engineer, Systems Design Video Systems - H&E
Principal This position will be a member of the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video delivery platform. This position will participate in systems design, development and implementation of the video distribution and delivery.
- Development, integration, testing and qualifying of video delivery platform utilizing Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and Web Server technologies for the delivery of linear and file-based content.
- Very deep understanding of Linux (RHEL or CentOS preferred), Virtual Machine environments (VMware and KVM), device drivers, server resource allocations, server design, etc.
- System development, configuration and deployment of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Experience with CDN cache technologies such as NGINX, transparent caching and cache optimization for low latency/high bandwidth packet transfer.
- Assist with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; work with vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software solutions.
- Communicate project status and drive continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product development teams to innovate, integrate and identify/resolve issues.
- Develop product instrumentation, test automation, configuration/deployment documentation and data analysis tools.
- Works well with a team of advanced engineers whom support the development, integration, test and troubleshooting of various technologies which support T-Mobile's digital headend systems, IP networks, mobile/web video delivery, Cloud infrastructure and encryption/DRM solutions for production deployment and engineering labs.
- Experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as Apache Traffic Server, HAProxy, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Experience working with DNS, Anycast, HTTP, REST, JSON, XML and other web and network technologies.
- Experience with design, installation and configuration of Linux and Unix systems, especially for 24x7 operations environments built on x86 Server Platforms including blade servers (Cisco UCS, HP C7000)
- Experience with design and development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments using Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience configuring and deploying in virtualized environments, such as VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, AWS, etc.
- Preferred experience with CDN architectures for linear and file-based video distributed using ABR streaming formats such as HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI model, network design, architecture, network topology, switching, routing, and security
- Knowledge and application of coding and scripting required (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc)
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Preferred knowledge and experience with MVPD networks and systems for delivery Linear and OnDemand services
- Strong inquisitive nature and ability to work well with vendors and internal stakeholders to drive solutions
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant job experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.