Principal Engineer, State Estimation at Outrider
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:49 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Principal Engineer, State Estimation will help architect and lead localization & state estimation efforts for Outrider’s fully electric, autonomy solution to automate freight yards.
We are looking for someone who knows how to design and develop state estimation capabilities from the ground up to help build a key pillar of our autonomous system for production deployment. The ideal candidate will know the nuances of ground-vehicle state estimation and how to build that solution for Outrider’s use case in controlled and semi-controlled environments. We are tackling this with a cutting-edge sensor suite including LIDAR, RADAR, vision, encoders, and inertial sensors.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to be a part of a small, impactful organization pushing use case focus autonomy into the mainstream. We are a team of builders that's passionate about start-to-finish, production-oriented development and taking our research into the real world.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive the full software development cycle for the localization, mapping, and calibration of our perception system as we build the next generation of autonomous vehicles
- Take responsibility for leading efforts to formulate, implement, and evaluate localization, mapping, and calibration algorithms.
- Stay informed about cutting edge best practices and implementation
- Own a mission critical piece of our system to deliver autonomous systems into production
- While this is an accurate reflection of the position, Outrider reserves the right to require additional/different tasks to be performed as needed
- MS or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience building production level C++ software for robotics applications in linux environments
- Deep understanding of linear algebra, geometry, and probability
- Experience performing sensor fusion with LIDARs, RADARs, cameras, GNSS and IMU
- Experience with Kalman filters, bundle adjustment or factor graph optimization
- Curious/analytical nature and desire to build
- PhD with publications related to state estimation
- Previous experience with autonomous vehicles
- Leadership experience in robotics applications
- Deep understanding of ROS
- Exposure to safety critical development
- Experience in building from scratch high accuracy and mission critical state estimation components with proven outdoor performance across a wide variety of operational conditions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $150,000 - $200,000+. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.