Principal Engineer, Software
Principal Engineer, Software
We are looking for talent who are passionate about changing television landscape and want to enable consumers to engage with their TVs, tablets and other devices in ways that incite the imagination. If you enjoy working in a collaborative, tight knit and execution oriented technical position then this is the right environment for you.
In this role you will be responsible for creating Linux-based operating systems, embedded video, home networking, and IoT applications that powers TV's next-generation cable service. These systems and applications exploit the tremendous potential of our STBs (Set-Top-Boxes), home networking, remote controls and users' own mobile devices.
- Strong embedded systems software and hardware architecture
- Designing, developing, debugging and deploying Linux on embedded hardware platforms
- All aspects of Linux development, from drivers and hardware interfaces, up through application layers
- Solid understanding of API design, implementation, and maintenance
- Expert with home networking equipment, routers, gateways, WiFi configuration
- Strong software development processes and configuration management
- Knowledge of media management and playback, linear, online, and home video
- Understanding of security fundamentals such as PKI, encryption, and hardware security
- Familiar with remote software updates, version control and dependencies
- Creating and implementing automated tests at the unit, integration and performance levels
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Working knowledge of networking protocols such as Ethernet, MoCA, IPv4 and IPv6, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, HTTP(S), 802.15.4, Zigbee, WiFi 802.11
- Experience developing with System on Chip (SoC) solutions from vendors such as Broadcom, Intel, Entropic and others
- Ability to read schematic drawings, debug hardware, operate test equipment
- Knowledge of media content compression methods such as MPEG-2, AVC, HEVC, VP9
- Adaptive streaming technologies such as HTTP Live Streaming, HTTP Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and MPEG-DASH
- Content Protection such as HDCP, DTCP/IP, MSFT PlayReady, Verimatrix, Widevine
- Streaming technologies such as HTTP Progressive Download and RTP/RTSP, DLNA HTTP
- DOCSIS 2.0/3.0; service flow, channel bonding
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.