Principal Engineer, DRM and Systems Security - Video Technology
Do you love TV and programming? Then come join our Video Technology team: part of Layer3 TV - a T-Mobile Company! Our DRM and Content Security engineering team sets the direction in the design, development and implementation of the video content security systems for delivery to a wide range of consumer devices. To help us achieve our bold goals, we are hiring the best and the brightest security engineers.
- Engineer solutions that protect the delivery of the Layer3 TV, a T-Mobile company product
- Develop security enhancements for the Video Technology systems and DRM space
- Work with members of various teams, to support the integration of security enhancements
- Drive E2E product requirements and support eventual delivery of Content Security Encryption and DRM licensing services
- Technical Engineering Services:
- Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed.
- Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture
- Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results
- Prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity
- Lead testing of potential security solutions to validate features and functions, partnering with other organizations in the resolution of interoperability issues to obtain successful integration of security solutions across all platforms
7+ years' experience with the following:
- Conditional access (CA) and Digital Rights Management (DRM) systems for video services for Adaptive Bit-Rate (ABR) content
- AES-128 encryption systems for video and media content
- Internet security protocols such as HTTP-S, WebDAV, etc.
- The development and support of production systems and experience working within a 24x7 operations environment supporting Linux, UNIX and Windows systems
- Network and/or application security experience with solid understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols. Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and security infrastructure (Firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, web proxies, and Virtual Private Networks)
- Expert level knowledge of Security platforms including firewalls (Check Point/Palo Alto/Juniper), Cisco ASAVPN, ISE/ACS, Active Directory and Symantec MFA/2FA technology
- In depth knowledge in system, engineering and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats, as well as security technologies and methods used to protect both corporate and customer facing network infrastructure
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure. Proactive in identifying and proposing new solutions
- Teamwork: Demonstrated technical leadership, ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions
- Bachelor's Degree, (preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology)
- 7+ years' industry related experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.