Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Principal Engineer - DevOps – Space Systems Simulators – CLEARANCE Required
Reporting to the Manager of Space Vehicle Simulators, you will join a team with a broad range of diverse skill sets designing and building hardware-in-the-loop and software only simulators. We are looking for leaders that enjoy applying modern DevSecOps principles to the development of simulators and test beds. You will integrate with and support our development team creating automated development, test, and release pipelines in both unclassified and classified environments.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced environment supporting our Space Vehicle program execution.
- Design, develop, and implement real-time simulations of Ball Aerospace space vehicles and subsystems.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including software requirements, architecture, design, code, integration, test, and documentation.
- Develop requirements, verification & validation products necessary to sell off simulators as customer contract deliverables.
- Build automation into the development pipeline using modern development processes & tools.
- Proactively identify customer needs & find ways to make simulators part of the solutions.
- Provide early identification of issues that would prevent simulators from meeting both their requirements and the customer’s expectations.
- Act as mentor for other systems & software engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph clearance is required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a current DoD 8570.01-M certification at IAT Level II.
- Experience working on Agile teams.
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Software development experience using technologies such as C/C++, Matlab, Simulink, Python, Ruby, GitLab, and/or GIT.
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Linux Container experience using Docker, PodMan, Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Experience working in an environment with space hardware is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills are essential on this highly collaborative team.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.