- Developing, and mentoring members of a security engineering team. Setting Standard Operating Procedures, development paths, and on-the-job training no matter their level.
- Deep expertise of Identity Management across cloud providers and industry identity stores such as Microsoft AD, ADFS, Okta, SAML, Amazon Cognito, AWS IAM/SCPs, SSO, and similar.
- Insisting on the highest standards for secure software development within Global Platform Security Team.
- Partnering with Architecture teams to make recommendations of configurations and remediation efforts across different environments.
- Managing commercial, open-source, and cloud-provider security tools from basic administration to extensions of functionality. Responsible for building data ingestion pipelines to move data for further analysis and enrichment to other parts of the Platform Security team.
- Development and deployment of multi-cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) automated playbooks, log enrichment orchestration, and other SOAR workloads - both with a commercial tool and custom builds as needed.
- Coordinating engineering work across the Global Platform Security team in support of Offensive Security, Application Security, Vulnerability Management, and Data Science as needed.
- Working with Detection Engineering teams to build and tune ingestion into SIEM, SOAR, UEBA and DLP tools. Working with Network Operations to manage security appliances, provide recommendations for hybrid networking, and forward applicable logs to the Detection Engineering team.
- Working with vendors and partners for the purpose of conducting RFPs, RFIs, POCs, and managing long-term relationships with chosen vendors and partners for commercial tooling.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a hands-on security leader managing both traditional and cloud security teams with a focus on engineering and partnership with other information security teams
- Thorough understanding of security best practices, particularly around building secure infrastructure and identity management
- Deep expertise in scripting language on Windows and Linux-based operations systems. (Python is primarily desired)
- Deep expertise with an infrastructure as code (IAC) tool (CloudFormation is primarily desire)
- DevSecOps expertise with automation technologies for the development of large-scale and highly available CI/CD and security automation using cloud native tools
- While not required, experience with compliance frameworks is highly desired
- Experience working with host-based controls in a large, decentralized environment such as anti-virus/anti-malware, host-based IDS/IPS, DLP, SOAR, UEBA, and digital forensics tools Ability to create and aggregate security data engineering pipelines to collect various logs across multiple accounts and environments
- Strong architectural and business analysis knowledge highly desired - able to work with project management resources to define and commit work to an agile iteration
- Network security experience relative to securing traditional and VDI/DaaS deployments on AWS (AWS WorkSpaces, AWS AppStream 2.0, AWS Cloud9) is desired
- While not required, experience developing and securing microservices (Kubernetes, Istio/AWS App Mesh, Calico) is highly desired
- An advocate and a mentor - you can teach junior and senior members of the team and are willing to contribute to cloud security thought leadership throughout IHS Markit
- A naturally curious self-starter - you can deliver on requirements with some limited guidance or supervision, as needed by you and the team
- A relentless learner - you actively seek to add to your skillset and knowledge base while challenging the status quo to drive efficiency in the team
- Strong interpersonal skills - you can communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams
- Insist on the highest standards within the team and actively share your perspectives with the team and the larger information security organization
What we offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $120,302. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.