Principal Architect at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Principal Enterprise Architect you will focus on bringing the next generation of Healthgrades products to life. You'll collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building new features to improve the experience of our users or include building greenfield designs. We value self starters who are excited and willing to learn new technologies, take accountability for their work and are positive and collaborative.What You Will Do:
- Work closely with a team of engineers and product managers to help launch new product features
- Plans, designs, codes and coordinates software development within well-defined milestones.
- Develops and advises on standards, best practices, and reference designs for the implementation of solutions.
- Able to demonstrate strong hands-on ability to code and build the components, reference architectures and coach/show other engineers.
- Negotiates priorities and allocates resources across the team
- Identifies project risks and offers recommendations for addressing issues
- Communicates project plan, status updates, issues, milestones, risks, and deliverables to all stakeholders
- Helps to drive cross-functional technical alignment on the definition, understanding & architecture of technologies and solutions in several key areas, to include cross capability, cross release issues, and issues affecting application integrity
- 8+ years’ experience in developing software using any mainstream programming languages such as Java, Node.js, Python, Scala
- Strong experience in security frameworks and token management including OAuth and JWT
- Experience with access management using tools such as Okta
- Experience in at least one relational database and one NoSQL database technologies
- Experience with implementation of event driven architecture using Kinesis, Kafka, Spark or similar technologies
- Strong technical background with Integration, APIs/Microservices, Cloud Native Engineering, and Distributed Engineering
- Strong experience authoring reference architectures and other engineering documentation
- Excellent skills in mentoring junior engineers with maturity in dealing with conflict and communication both within the team and across the product group and engineering
- Must be comfortable communicating about work with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts
- Familiarity with any marketing technologies such as Eloqua, Marketo, or Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!