Imagine a company that is embarking on a journey to rethink how 300-year-old processes can be engineered to be simple, easy and inspired by the best of consumer tech. A company that looks for the best athletes but loves the art of winning as a team. A company that knows relationships are the currency of the business, and that digitizing them, to reflect their importance today – will only make the future stronger and the industry better. A company working to limit risk every day, while risking it all.
Imagine being part of a team, where the impact is tangible, your voice is part of the story and the work is industry changing. This is not imaginary, it is Imagine Analytics. Explore the frontier of insurance with us!
Imagine Analytics (IA) is looking for a Platform Engineer to build and maintain technology products for our mid-market insurance platform. They will work in a highly interdisciplinary fashion with other functions within the team to prioritize, scope, design, build, deliver, and manage features and systems within IA’s product portfolio, operating with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. The ideal candidate will have prior experience implementing web application and data systems, as well as working in an early-stage company environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for architecting, building and maintaining software to support IA’s product objectives and business goals.
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick changes and a high degree of uncertainty.
- A high degree of proficiency in tools and architectures for building modern web and data platforms is a must, as is a desire to learn quickly to adapt to changing technologies and business challenges.
- As a member of the engineering team, you will help guide both the technical and usability aspects of the software we build and will be involved in all stages of the cycle of iterative product development.
- You’ll work with partners and stakeholders to gather input and prioritize features, with designers to establish user flows and look and feel, with other engineers to implement functionality, and with customers to provide support and gather feedback.
- You will have a high degree of freedom to pick the tools and frameworks that you feel the best address the problems at hand and will be responsible for managing and maintaining those technology investments over their entire lifetime.
Working at Imagine Analytics
We are doing highly impactful work in an established industry with a lot of complexity and a rich array of interesting challenges. Learning about insurance markets and working closely with partners to identify opportunities and create efficiencies is what drives us. And we have the best of both worlds, the stability of 40 years in business with the speed and energy of a startup.
Our team is a small group of experienced designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs. We believe that software development is a team sport and that the best products are built by teams with diverse backgrounds who are empowered with a high degree of autonomy. We strive for rapid iteration and continuous improvement in both our products themselves and our approaches to building them. We work at a sustainable pace and know from experience that building a lasting product organization is a marathon, not a sprint.
We are building a greenfield product on a modern technology stack, which currently includes React/Apollo, Scala/Spark, Go, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and various serverless technologies. We iterate quickly and deploy continuously while striving to keep the quality of our user experience high and our codebases tidy. And we have a hell of a lot of fun doing it, together.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree, or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience building production-ready enterprise software
- Design Centered: A high degree of product sense & strong appreciation for UX
- Excitement to explore new technologies and platforms that could add system value