Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You’ll Do
- As a Platform Engineer, you will provide technical leadership contributing to the definition and development of the GoSpotCheck platform architecture. You will engineer solutions to maximize stakeholder value, manage complexity, and enable the next effort. You will collaboratively curate and grow the core service platform to enable durable internal-system and partner-system connections.
What We’ll Achieve
- We’ll evaluate and implement the most appropriate technologies to achieve the best solutions for our business, leaning on your drive to go to bed smarter and ability to level-up quickly.
- We’ll facilitate new partnerships and business opportunities thanks to the APIs and integrations you help build.
- We’ll enable dynamic mission and task workflows by expanding our event driven architecture.
- We’ll drive best practices and adoption of our platform architecture.
- We’ll define service boundaries to reflect the business needs and enable future extension by keeping coupling between these boundaries low and cohesion within the boundaries high.
- We’ll sing your praises for the quality of your work, and the insights and mentorship you provide.
- At the end of the day, we’ll improve the way our partners deploy and use GoSpotCheck, thanks to your commitment to building quality product!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have been writing Go for the last 1+ years.
- You are familiar with technologies from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- You have built and supported APIs in production.
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You believe in the benefits of TDD.
- You enjoy architecture, design, and strategic planning.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - quality and reliability are especially important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager, and able, to help fix things.
- You enjoy being around your peers, and see the value of strong collaboration processes.
- Part of your excitement about being a developer is the fact that you can learn new things everyday.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, and BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado, 2019.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description