Platform Engineer - Orchestrated Energy
Are you ready to join a software team whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy? If you love solving complex problems and building highly scalable, distributed systems, then Tendril is the place for you. Our market position is expanding and we are looking for a new member of our engineering team. We are rapidly adding customers and collecting tons of data. Big Data. We solve hard problems and empower our energy provider partners and their customers to use energy more effectively.
Orchestrated Energy is a new technology developed to optimize energy usage in homes with connected devices. Our market position is expanding. We are rapidly adding customers and collecting tons of data. Big Data. We solve hard problems and empower our energy provider partners and their customers to use energy more effectively. We think about how to scale teams and data.
We need a motivated developer who is excited about working in an open, highly collaborative, agile environment with a leading-edge technology stack.
What You Will Do:
- Design and build software for Tendril’s core platform to support high-volume, low-latency, distributed multi-tenant architecture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional product and engineering teams to define, code, and deploy product requirements.
- Assist in leading important technology decisions to continue to improve our platform
- Execute performance tuning in a high-volume, concurrent, distributed environment.
What You Bring to Tendril:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics or Math OR equivalent
- 2-5 years experience
- Python, Java and/or Scala experience
- Solid experience and/or a desire to work on new product development.
- Experience with concurrency, relational databases, RESTful web services, and Agile methodologies
- Postgres, Groovy, Maven/SBT, and Git
- Machine learning strategies and concepts
- Real world usage of statistical analysis to evaluate null hypothesis
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
Technologies We Use:
- Deployment stack
- AWS (EC2, RDS, EMR, Lambdas)
- ChatOps with hubot
- Programming languages
- Protocol stack
- RESTful web services
- Data stack
- Important libraries
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome:
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative paid time off policy with no limit to vacation or personal days;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team:
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.