SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
- Provide technical leadership, direction, governance and specialization for the UI and Services technologies within the Platform
- Create architectural vision, design, direction and governance for specific components and assemblies in the Platform
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure Platform technical advancement, dependability and innovation
- Interpret business requirements to articulate and address business needs with technical designs and solutions
- Work closely with the CTO to establish the technical direction, requirements and specific technologies employed in the Platform
- Code solutions
- See solutions through from design, coding, test and deployment
- Provide technical leadership for dedicated platform team in UI and services
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- BS or greater in Computer Science or relevant and demonstrated experience
- Led technical teams in architecture, design, coding, test and deployment
- Has worked as a mentor to technical team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience on application fundamentals such as lifecycle, testability, performance, telemetry, diagnostics, and power/CPU/memory consumption
- 5+ years in software development experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- 5+ years experience writing services and UIs that manipulate and consume data in transactional and other data stores such as MySQL, Druid, Cassandra / Scylla, etc.
- Desired experience and understanding of “bid data” systems such as HDFS
- Hands on experience with authentication and authorization technologies a plus
- Experience with containers and Cloud Native
- Experience developing complete UIs, APIs, SDKs and developer tools
- This position is based in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level: $100,000 to $150,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 10 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, LG, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Samsung, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.