Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Performance CoE is responsible for development and implementation of performance standards, process, tools, methodologies and best practices for improving the quality of applications and solutions for the Banking domain. Performance CoE focus on enablement of Performance standards development for core Banking products and Client implementation projects in addition to advancement and development of new technology and innovation.
What you will be doing
As a member of our Performance CoE, you will be responsible for driving the application performance and meeting standards for our FIS applications by working closely with IT architects, developers and collaborating with internal and external partners on the product solutions and leading the product delivery efforts with highest quality standards. You will be primarily responsible for evaluating system performance and providing recommendation for improvements within the Release/Project focused on Java Development projects
- Reviews proposed design and infrastructure
- Recommends performance and reliability enhancements
- Setup SSPE test environment
- Troubleshoot end-to-end system bottlenecks
- Identify performance hotspots in triages and experience with root cause analysis
- SSPE and memory leak testing and code optimization
- Instrument application code using profiling tools like Dynatrace, Wily Introscope, Jprofiler and Collect deep diagnostics to measure function call level execution cost in terms of CPU, memory, disk and network I/O.
- Gather JVM Heap Dumps and Thread dumps to analyze concurrent executions and call stack. Navigate through the Java object reference graphs in heap dumps and identify Memory leaks, loitering objects, large object allocations, Over allocation of short-lived objects etc.
- Optimize database (Oracle/DB2) performance by tuning db configuration, db optimizer configurations and sql tuning by join analysis, indexing and sql rewriting.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Proficient experiences in creating load test plan, executing and monitoring tests, analyzing test results and identifying application optimization opportunities.
- Solid understanding on Java performance concepts and tuning such as JVM, Garbage Collector, CPU cycles, memory utilization and context switching.
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker/OpenShift application platform and have good knowledge of container-based applications.
- Hands on Experience tuning Websphere, Jboss, Tomcat and container application servers, Apache/httpd Web Servers, Network analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot, conduct RCA for Production issues.
- Proficient in understanding the product architecture and framework
- Understands the code design concepts and frameworks
- Experience with Neoload Performance Tool
- Hands on Experience with Dynatrace OneAgent
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Previous banking is a nice to have but not required
- Experience using the CD/CI pipeline
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.