Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
We’re searching for a talented perception engineer with a track record of demonstrated high achievement who can take responsibility for the full software development lifecycle.
We are looking for perception engineers passionate about a variety of disciplines surrounding perception that have a strong foundation of skills to build upon. The Perception Engineer will report to the Principal Computer Vision Engineer and develop perception software capabilities through all phases of Outrider's pilot and deployment programs. This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a reliable, profitable, performant, safety-critical system -- it offers a very talented software engineer the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive the full software development cycle for a variety of areas across our perception system architecture as we build the next generation of autonomous vehicles
- Stay informed about cutting edge best practices and implementation
- Own a mission critical piece of our system to deliver autonomous systems into production
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- 1-3+ years of experience building production level software using C++
- Strong understanding of CUDA and GPU architecture
- Understand how to design, build, instrument, and optimize software running within embedded linux environments
- 5+ years of experience building production level software using C++
- Experience with a real time operating system
- Experience with a deep learning runtime framework (TensorRT, TVM) or running deep learning inference in production environments.
- Familiarity with messaging middleware (DDS)
- ROS1/2 or robotics experience
Read Full Job Description