Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
We’re searching for a talented perception engineer with a track record of demonstrated high achievement who can take responsibility for the full software development lifecycle.
This position will be leading our efforts around localization, mapping, and calibration as we work to build novel solutions to some of the hardest challenges around finely tuned autonomous systems. The Perception Engineer will report to the Principal Computer Vision Engineer and develop perception software capabilities through all phases of Outrider's pilot and deployment programs. This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a reliable, profitable, performant, safety-critical system -- it offers a very talented software engineer the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive the full software development cycle for the localization, mapping, and calibration of our perception system as we build the next generation of autonomous vehicles
- Stay informed about cutting edge best practices and implementation
- Own a mission critical piece of our system to deliver autonomous systems into production
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field
- 1-3+ years of experience building production level software
- Professional experience with C++
- Deep understanding of basic linear algebra, geometry, and statistics
- Understanding of basic robotic concepts, such as rigid body transform and Lie Group
- Curious/analytical nature and desire to build
- Experience with Nonlinear optimization
- Experience working with Lidar, camera, GNSS or IMU
- Experience with Kalman filter, bundle adjustment or pose graph optimization
- Experience with old school image processing
- Experience with computational geometry, e.g. polygons, linestrings, rasters
Salary range of $120,000 - $180,000. For benefits, check this out!