Payloads SI&T Engineer II, Electrical - CLEARANCE DESIRED at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Payloads SI&T Engineer II, Electrical – CLEARANCE DESIRED
This position is for a payload system integration and test engineer with at least 5 years of relevant experience with a specialty in electrical systems.
What You'll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment with other SEIT engineers to integrate and test payload hardware.
- Use off-the-shelf and custom Special Test Equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight payload hardware.
- Work with engineers of other disciplines to develop test sets tailored for the verification of payload functional and environmental performance requirements.
- Write, review, update, and review integration and test procedures around electrical performance specifications as required by payload AI&T campaigns.
- Maintain fabrication and test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Interface and coordinate with customers and suppliers for program, design, and peer reviews.
- Provide technical oversight and support to teams of engineers and technicians around topics of electrical test sets and electrical performance testing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Payload Engineering department, Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in reviewing electrical schematics and electrical interface control documentation preferred. Experience in developing and performing electronics box- and system-level integration, functional, and environmental procedures and tests preferred. Experience in documenting and troubleshooting test anomalies preferred.
- Experience in the electrical testing of spaceflight instruments or related aerospace, mechanical, optical, or thermal hardware, components and systems preferred.
- Knowledge and test experience using software test automation applications and tools such as COSMOS and LabVIEW preferred.
- Experience in the design, development and validation of electrical test sets in cleanroom, laboratory, and/or production environments preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO Class 7/8 cleanrooms in proximity to electro-sensitive devices preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Aerospace or military experience is desired but not required.
- Applicants selected may be subjected to a government security investigation and may be expected to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Current Top-Secret security clearance preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, and clean room, and occasionally outdoors or in remote research environments.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- Laser systems may be used during an integration and test campaign and may require laser safety training and the appropriate use of protection equipment.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $97,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.