Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Payload Test Engineer Senior – Software – CLEARANCE REQUIRED
What You'll Do:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment with other engineers to integrate and test payload hardware.
- Use off-the-shelf and custom Special Test Equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight payload hardware.
- Take a leadership role, working with engineers of other disciplines to develop test sets tailored for the verification of payload functional and environmental performance requirements.
- Write, review, update, and review integration and test procedures and scripts around performance specifications as required by payload AI&T campaigns.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software-to-software and software-to-hardware command and control systems. Code and unit test software systems to implement design and meet requirements.
- Develop software architectures, requirements and interface control documents for system of software designs.
- Plan and perform analysis to guide the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of a command and control system.
- Based on needs assessment and direction, develop information and data requirements and translate them into system designs that adhere project architecture and standards.
- Produce requirements and design specifications for software components.
- Organize, analyzes, writes and present technical information for program managers and customers. Interface and coordinate with customers and suppliers for program, design, and peer reviews.
- Present and resolve any technical program difficulties or discrepancies with the team, customers, and subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Current knowledge of industry standard software engineering practices, including agile methodologies, open source licensing, unit testing, code development, configuration management, and continuous integration practices is required.
- Required experience: Strong coding background, Windows and object-oriented architecture. Desired experience: Ruby, Python, RDBMS, and LabView.
- Experience in the design, development and validation of test sets in cleanroom, laboratory, and/or production environments is highly desirable.
- Experience working in an ISO Class 7/8 cleanrooms in proximity to electro-sensitive devices is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Aerospace or military experience is desired but not required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $120,500 - $152,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.