Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Payload Test Engineer II
Join Ball Aerospace’s Payload Engineering Test group! In this role, you will work in a fast-paced team environment with other systems integration and test engineers to integrate and test payload hardware.
What You'll Do:
- Use off-the-shelf and custom Special Test Equipment to test and troubleshoot spaceflight payload hardware.
- Work with engineers of other disciplines to develop test sets tailored for the verification of payload functional and environmental performance requirements.
- Write, review, update, and review integration and test procedures and scripts as required by payload Assembly, Integration and Test (AI&T) campaigns.
- Maintain fabrication and test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Work with internal company contacts, outside suppliers and customers for technical exchanges of information.
- Support program, design, and peer reviews.
- Provide technical oversight and support to teams of engineers and technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree(s) in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Thermal Engineering are preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Experience with design, development, and validation of test sets in cleanroom, laboratory, and/or production environments preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO Class 7/8 cleanrooms in proximity to sensitive opto-electronic devices is preferred.
- Aerospace or military experience preferred.
- Experience in the testing of spaceflight instruments or related aerospace, electrical, mechanical, optical, or thermal hardware, components and systems preferred.
- Test experience using software test automation applications and tools (such as: COSMOS and LabVIEW) preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, and clean room, and occasionally outdoors or in remote research environments.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $97,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.