Part Time Trade Compliance Engineer and Analyst at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
This entry level engineering position ensures compliance with applicable U.S. export and import control laws, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), International Traffic in Arms Regulation (“ITAR), and the Office of Foreign Asset and Control (“OFAC”) sanctions, and regional and local regulations concerning the movement of goods and services across borders. The position acts as a liaison among several internal groups across Arrow businesses, and may interface with government licensing offices, such as the Bureau of Industry and Security (“BIS”), to ensure proper adherence to trade management and trade control laws and regulations.
- Using their engineering knowledge, skills and abilities, a Trade Compliance Engineer and Analyst to review part specification sheets, related product documentation, and the Export Administration Regulations to determine Export Classification Code Numbers (“ECCN”) and or local country export classifications for items sold.
- Collect, review and approve Customer End Use and Export Compliance Certifications (EUC).
- The engineering knowledge is also used to determine the validity of End Use Statements by assessing the identified components for the intended use which is described by customers when procuring certain products.
- Determine and assign local export/import country and U.S. license requirements to orders placed on hold within trade compliance software for trade control reasons. When necessary, escalate orders to department leader for guidance. Engineering knowledge supports this process.
- Process global supply chain partner reviews, including reviews of current government restricted / denied parties list matches, to confirm decision for partner release or block within trade compliance software.
- Review and action red flag related exception reports.
- When necessary, conduct and document further due diligence for partners and or transactions to resolve potential red flags.
- Prepare and submit low- and high-complexity government license applications when required for select export and import transactions. Process government licenses following local regulations (including reporting for import/export licenses, General Licenses, record keeping, etc.).
- The position may be asked to provide import and export clearance support for inbound and outbound shipments.
Experience / Education
- Entry level job with no prior relevant work experience required.
- Ability to read specification sheets and engineering drawings.
- Ability to analyze technical parameters (parametric values) in specification sheets as well as in other required documents and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel and Access.
- US Person (citizen, green card holder or granted asylum)
- Ability to travel domestically up to 5% of time
- Strong technical understanding of electronic components.
- Curious: eager to learn and asks questions.
- Driving results: solutions and results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills.
- Confident: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Collaborating and influencing ability to build strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that establishes an empathetic and effective relationship with front-line and mid-level personnel.
- Job is in Centennial, CO. and no option to work remotely.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)