Packaging EngineerCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!Job Description
This role will have the opportunity to make an impact on every single packaging decision across the Sunday portfolio. This portfolio currently consists of over 60 SKUs spanning both DTC products as well as retail. Our portfolio is growing rapidly at a rate of roughly 20 SKUs a year. The job will demand a proficiency in both ‘from-scratch’ design as well as current package analysis and optimization for cost, safety and efficiency. You will help design and packaging solutions that span both DTC and retail shelves. Our product line demands an ability and willingness to take advantage of a global packaging economy.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
This role will be responsible for executing on the design and implementation of the Sunday packaging portfolio. The role will have the responsibility of nurturing current supplier relationships while also pursuing new opportunities across international markets.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s of Science in packaging science, packaging engineering, or related field
- 5-10 years experience in innovative packaging design. Experience in both new, from-scratch designs as well as packaging optimization projects.
- Experience optimizing DTC pack out for cost, efficiency and efficacy.
- Experience in flexible pouches, rigid/blow molded containers, and corrugated design.
- Experience designing for retail (corrugated design, case pack logic and pallet configuration in TOPs).
- Experience maintaining a product portfolio within a PLM system
- Experience working in a global market and a proven track record of maintaining positive business relationships across international borders
- Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with little margin for error.
- Ability to contribute and build bonds within a dynamic and diverse team. A demonstrated team first mentality.
- Comfortable working within an often nebulous and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to meet challenging deadlines and expectations
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible remote/in-office work with 3-4 days in office expectation
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO program
- Access to 401(k) program (direct deposit)
- Salary range: $110,000 - $125,000 annually
- Location: Boulder, CO. Named best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years.
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! Please provide your explanation and a relevant 1-2 page resume’. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.