OSS Developer at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The OSS Developer helps to write tools to understand, interpret, and visualize network health. These tools are used by our stakeholders, Zayo’s Network Control Center. Our mission is to provide unique, best of breed tools to drive operational capability, efficiency, quality, and scalability to surpass our customer’s expectations at the lowest possible cost.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Understand business processes and procedures, and seek efficiencies.
- Develop integration to other third party solutions (network management systems in particular).
- Support & train new end users on the features developed.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving OSS systems and business functions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science and or an equivalent combination of education and 2+ years of experience
- Programming and scripting experience with Perl and/or Python.
- Solid understanding of REST ideas and ability to author REST APIs using Node.js.
- Solid understanding of Networking Protocols: IP Networking, UDP/TCP, subnetting, DNS, SSL, HTTP(S), SSH
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and some knowledge of MongoDB or Redis.
- Experience with ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) and/or InfluxDB and Kibana/Grafana reporting a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker or other container architecture a plus.
- Solid Understanding of Network Monitoring Protocols: SNMP, Syslog, and TL1
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environment, and ability to work at the command line.
- Experience with any of the following network monitoring platforms a plus: MRTG, CA Performance, Cacti, RANCID, Splunk, or OpenNMS
Other Requirements or Information
- Proficient in Agile methodologies
- Provide after-hours rotational on-call support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective project and time management skills with customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability/willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment and manage competing priorities
- Base Salary Range-$75,500- $100,650
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.