Optical Test Facility Engineering Manager at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Optical Test Facility Engineering Manager
The Optical Test Facility Manager will have a great deal of responsibility and opportunity to grow within Ball’s technical management career tracks. You will manage the state-of-the art optical test labs and facilities in support of aerospace optical system programs. In this role, you will be expected to exhibit strong leadership skills and be able to manage multiple schedules, equipment, and personnel.
What You'll Do:
- Exercise a high degree of technical and team leadership and serve as a liaison between programs and the Optical Test Facility (OTF).
- Manage day- to -day lab operations, perform personnel management, plan for strategic growth of the organization, and work with programs to define and provide test services. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing an optical testing lab, optical shop, or an aerospace optical testing organization.
- Coordinate lab equipment, testing and usage schedules
- Interact with outside customers, as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree(s) in Science, Engineering or Math are highly preferred.
- 5 years of Optical Engineering or related field technical experience with a demonstrated breadth of optical testing knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and manage multiple activities in a dynamic atmosphere.
- Leadership experience of technical teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, et.al)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills and the ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.