This job is responsible/accountable for streamlining offerings to CSG’s end customers. They take solutions from development and ensure they are operationally sound prior to rolling into production. Products are evaluated and prepared for installation, configuration, monitoring, diagnostics, and process / procedure to ensure minimal impact as they are released. Production optimization from a personnel perspective is a critical point and leveraging technology to ensure solutions adhere to customers SLA requirements for availability.
- Administration of infrastructure systems (upgrade, maintain, troubleshoot) such as BigIP, CVP framework, BladeLogic, Automation, ADDM, CSP/IPF
- Serves as subject matter expert for matters relating to system and application architecture.
- 3rd tier support for operational production issues
- Participates in process improvement efforts within the larger technology organization.
- Ability to support 24/7 on-call rotation
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- This job requires domestic and/or international travel up to 5%.
- Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- 2-4 years of related experience in Technical Analyst or equivalent role or 1-2 years in computer engineering or equivalent role
- Some experience with a broad range of IT technologies: Network, Storage, Virtualization, Compute, Database, Automation, SDLC, and distributed transactions in high volume managed services or billing services provider environments
- Some experience with computer programming. Any languages are acceptable. Python or C# preferred.
- Some experience with Systems administration preferred.
- Previous experience working in AWS (Amazon web services) or other virtualized environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- Understanding of basic client/server architecture
- Aptitude with creating or maintaining shell scripts or batch files (e.g. KSH, PowerShell, .bat)
- SQL and Database administration, Database design
- Systems administration of Windows Server 2003 through Current, Unix and/or Linux Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with complex computer systems
- Python, Perl, C#, Powershell
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the Spanish language in a business environment a plus