Node.js/React Developer at Unbridled
Unbridled is an event management, production, and creative agency delivering intentionally crafted events through our customer-focused approach to creative design, attendee management, program logistics, production, and travel. We believe that in an unbridled atmosphere, talented people are unleashed to imagine and intentionally craft solutions and services that amaze our customers. Our values drive everything we do....and differentiate the Unbridled Brand. We collaborate in each other's destiny, foster a culture of authenticity, and are a business of radical generosity. You will thrive at Unbridled because we focus on relationships, keep clients first, and put people before process.
Unbridled is looking for a Web Application Developer (front end and back end development) who is passionate about creating and managing custom web solutions and integrations in high-performing, secure, and reliable hosting platforms. Candidate must be well-organized, resourceful, flexible, have the ability to multitask, and have extraordinary attention to detail. Candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external clients. Willingness to take ownership and work independently under tight deadlines is a must. Node.JS experience is a must, but our expectation isn’t that candidates know every technology, however, we do expect eagerness to learn new skills and have what it takes to get things done. Candidates must submit a digital portfolio in addition to their application to be considered.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Mid- to senior-level: 3+ years of experience in web development
- Fluency in NodeJS, React/Angular, Express, npm, yarn, or similar
- Experience building and working with RESTful APIs and integrating data from 3rd party web services as needed
- Experience working collaboratively in Git/Github pushing new releases and bug fixes
- Excellent communication skills both within the internal team as well as client-facing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be flexible, & meet strict deadlines
- Strong learner’s spirit and eagerness to learn new technologies for new problems
Candidates must submit a digital portfolio in addition to their application to be considered.
- Proficiency in PHP, MySQL, and WordPress development, including custom theme and plugin development
- Familiarity with IoT development and/or other live event tech product development
- Familiarity with MySQL, CSS preprocessors, and other programming languages
- Experience with AWS ElasticBeanstalk deployment and maintenance of NodeJS applications
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
What you would be doing at Unbridled:
- Develop automated tests to ensure code quality of all code on our system
- Create and develop NodeJS-based event technology solutions for client accounts and internal web projects
- Work collaboratively with other developers to support existing PHP/WordPress-based web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug plugin compatibility issues, working with vendor support teams as needed
- Manage and maintain new AWS EB web hosting environment for Unbridled’s customer and internal websites
- Monitor uptime and performance, resolve any downtime or performance issues, help develop performance metrics and reporting
- Serve as tech support for all live NodeJS-based applications in Unbridled’s web hosting environment
- Perform regular npm package maintenance, running package updates as needed, etc.
- Embody the Unbridled brand and culture, including: character, change, credibility, and community.
Unbridled provides a comprehensive benefits package to all Unbridled employees, as well as other perks and work-life integration. The package includes:
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance, FSA & HSA Plan Options
- Life, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan with Discretionary Company Match
- Employee Loan Program
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Monthly Parking Pass
- Community Service Leave
- Professional Therapy Benefits
- Cell Phone Allowance
In addition to our extensive benefits package, we also offer things like a company advocate program for new hires, wellness days, company social events, awards to empower employees to recognize colleagues, and more. We also have monthly Friday Forums where employees have a chance to hear from different members of the company regarding important updates and communications.
An Unbridled Community Takes All Kinds
We hire top talent from various backgrounds and intentionally cultivate a workplace of belonging where every team member is celebrated for who they are and where differing perspectives are valued. We are committed to creating a diverse, caring community where everyone can feel like they belong, no matter their race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or ability. Come “Be you” with us.