Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 16,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
Evolve is building an enterprise-grade API framework and integration platform using serverless architecture and modern technologies to enable high performing data integration services at scale.
The Mid Level NodeJS Engineer is a ground-floor opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of every aspect of the platform and be a key member of the team that will continue to operate and build out new functionality on this state of the art platform.
If you are interested in learning new technologies and building a modern API framework in a growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company, then this role is for you.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with technical leaders to operate and enhance the AWS serverless platform
- Implement new features utilizing Node.js and TypeScript that improve and extend the platform while preserving and enhancing the performance, stability, and security of the system
- Help define code standards and process with technical leadership
- Pair with other engineers to tackle complex problems and grow skills
- Build APIs to facilitate internal data movement
- Integrate with partner APIs such as Salesforce and Airbnb
- Collaborate with internal Salesforce and frontend developers to build features
- Perform code reviews and pull/merge requests
- Work in a Scrum environment with a growing team
What makes you a great fit
- Experience in Agile methodology and Scrum framework
- 2 years of serverless development
- 1 year building Restful APIs
- 1 year integrating with Restful APIs
- Experience with paired programming OR mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- 2 years AWS
- Preferably knowledge of or background with TypeScript, not required
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $108,000 to $125,000, depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.