SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
Network Engineer II will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the global production network infrastructure. This person will be a key player in identifying current challenges as well as investigating and implementing improvements. The network engineer II will lead in continuing to advance our network architecture; hardware, and software. This role will lead in design and code reviews and advise on security and monitoring within the network. The network engineer II will help mentor other network engineers. This role will work with network vendors to ensure SpotX is getting the best price and quality in network hardware, IP transit, and private waves. This role will be in an on call rotation for network alerts.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing all network devices and related monitoring, automation, load-balancing, and backup systems
- Troubleshooting network failures
- Researching, advising, and performing network upgrades.
- Maintain documentation of the network and related devices
- Designing architecture of the new networks and any changes to existing networks
- Responsible for teaching other team members
- Ability to assist ops team in diagnosis of network issues and network configurations host-side on linux hosts
- Maintenance of various load-balancing/NAT methods and systems (A10, Haproxy, F5)
- On-call rotation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of network experience 5+ years of version control experience
- Proficient in Linux
- Programming experience preferred
- Must have strong opinions about what qualifies as a sandwich
Physical Demands: Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- This position is based in Broomfield, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and annual technical education stipend.
- The base compensation range for this role: $100,000 - $125,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 9 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company’s solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX’s trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, LG, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Samsung, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann’s RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.