Network Engineer IV - CBO Service Transition (Hybrid) at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The NE IV leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leads in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure, and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Implementation and Deployment of Charter's Core Network Elements; Routers, Switches, Optical shelves and chassis, and network peripherals
- Lead engineer for ensure these network elements are staged per corporate standard and procedures.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Cisco and/or Juniper.
- Minimum four (4) years of Data network experience
- Must be able to work the following shift: Monday to Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP or CCIE)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
ENE312-CBO 2023-19078 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$88,200.00 to $156,600.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.