Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Network Architect, the person develops and maintain stable, reliable and secure networks. The person mentors a team of junior network engineers and NOC personnel to troubleshoot and optimize Vertafore's networks for our users and customers.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge of network architecture, engineering and administration. They have excellent problem-solving skills and network troubleshooting skills. The person should have passion to continuously improve services, enhance security and optimize network performance.
Please note, we have two openings for this role. One opening is focused on F5 solution and second opening is focused on Firewalls. The details for each are listed below.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Primarily responsible for installation, configuration, repair and lifecycle of all network and security devices, load balancers, and circuits across Vertafore's data centers and office locations
- Provide expertise, installation, support, maintenance, and direction on network and security engineering and architecture requirements
- Supports several network enclaves, defining and maintaining standards across each
- Initiates and manages scheduled maintenance on network and security devices
- Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet customer needs including site-to-site VPNs, remote access VPNs, and leased lines
- Own, define and drive projects to support business requirements and to enhance the network's performance, availability and security
- Applies Quality Control and Quality Assurance principles
- Interpret security advisories and design, implement and test control measures
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
- Writes and maintains complete and concise technical documentation
- Serve as the highest point of escalation for network and network security incidents
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience in managing and supporting Cisco network environment for hybrid data centers and global offices.
- Experience with web application firewalls such as Imperva is a plus
- Knowledge of network routing protocols including multi-homed BGP and OSPF
- Knowledge of network switching protocols including STP, VPC, and GLBP
- Knowledge and experience with access control protocols such as RSA / ISE / TACACS
- Experience as decision maker– whether alone or for team; own the decision's results
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically resolving issues
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take on and learn new technologies
- Experience as an escalation engineer in a customer centric role
- Experience interacting with vendors, onshore and offshore and MSPs
- Experience communicating at various levels including non-technical staff, leadership, management and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/IT or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years' experience or certifications with Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS-XE
- CCNP or higher certified candidates will get preference
- Must have experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud provider
- Strong experience with F5 solutions
- F5 Certified Solutions Expert (401) or F5 Certified Solution Expert candidates will be given a preference
- 5 plys years' experience or certifications with F5 solution is MUST
- 3-4 years experience with Palo Alto, 8.1x gateways / 9.0.x Panorama or Global Protect VPN is a plus
- Strong experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Global Protect VPN is a MUST
- PCNSE Certified (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer) candidates will be given a preference
- 5 plus years' experience or certifications with Palo Alto, 8.1x gateways / 9.0.x Panorama is a MUST
- 3-4 years' experience or certifications with F5 – LTM/AFM (188.8.131.52)
Additional Requirements and Details:
Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*We are currently working remotely due to COVID19.